A HISTORICAL SETTING IN WHICH TO FIND INSPIRATION AND PURE PLEASURE
This stately 17th century Jacobean style country house set in 200 acres of spectacular Hertfordshire parkland benefits from all the modern comforts associated with 5 star luxury. Within easy reach of Stansted, Heathrow, Luton and Gatwick airports, London and Cambridge, major rail and motorway links as well as numerous visitor attractions, this impressive hotel is close to everything that really matters.
The beautiful manor house began its life as a home to the Hanbury family that later was adopted into a Roman Catholic boarding school known as Poles Convent. The chapel with its original features now acts as the main banqueting hall recognised as Poles Hall.
As a Marriott Hotel and country club the original school location is now used for the banqueting areas set around a courtyard.
The prestigious golf course was the first to be designed by Jack Nicklaus II and still incorporates features from an earlier 9-hole course designed by the great Harry Vardon. The course is now widely recognized as one of the best in England, with each hole offering a different challenge. Hanbury Manor provides an exciting experience for golfers of all skill levels. From the championship tees, the course measures 7,052 yards. The USGA greens and numerous tee boxes provide excellent surfaces and year round playability.
During your stay at Hanbury Manor take advantage of our facilities:
- Relax in 161 traditionally elegant, spacious bedrooms with many period features.
- Delve into the delights of traditional afternoon tea in the beautiful baronial Oak Hall with a selection of finely cut sandwiches, freshly baked scones, cakes and pastries.
- Choice of two formal dining rooms including AA Rosette Zodiac Restaurant or contemporary Oakes Grill.
- Unwind with our luxuriant spa facilities that spoil you with a range of health and beauty treatments; placed in easy reach to soak up your senses in the spa bath and sauna before taking a dip in the Romanesque pool.
A limited number of memberships are currently available on a debenture basis, with an annual subscription. Members enjoy preferential and unlimited access to the golf course and luxurious health club facilities, which include an OFSTED certified, purpose built crèche facility and in excess of 30 complimentary fitness classes each week. Members also enjoy substantial discounts and privileges throughout the hotel.
- Join the Hanbury Manor Social Media pages for all up to date promotions and special offers.
- Please click through to the Health & Beauty section for further information on special packages and prices.
- Please click through to Specials & Packages section for further information on special Corporate offers, Corporate Golf, Bedroom Offers.
- Please click through to Wedding sections for further information on packages and prices.